Here’s a quick run-down on the basics of LP storage:
- Store your records vertically. (Records that are stacked can warp.)
- Store your records in an environment that is not too humid. (We can’t tell you the number of “basement stored” record collections we’ve looked at over the years at that have moisture damage to the covers and mold in the record grooves. Dirty records can be cleaned but the only solution for moldy records is a dumpster.)
- Store your records out of direct sunlight. (Records can handle a certain amount of heat but direct sunlight will warp your vinyl.)
- Store your records in sturdy containers. Wooden crates work well but reinforced wooden shelving is even better.
- Store your LPs in plastic sleeves but don’t seal them closed. (Plastic sleeves will protect your vinyl when you’re sliding records on & off shelves or in & out of crates. Leaving the plastic sleeves open allows for air circulation which prevents condensation and damage.)
Inventory changing daily!Cool things at every price point!